As you might guess, my family background is German. That is where my initial training as a therapist took place and where I worked for a time in the priesthood. As a clinician I work in private practice primarily in London (UK); at times I also see clients in Wivenhoe, Essex, (contact via mobile), Hungary and Spain. I work in German, English and Spanish.
Over the years, I have trained in clinical pastoral care, counselling, psychotherapy and psychosexual therapy, both in Germany and the UK. I have trained in many forms of psychotherapy, some of which are more traditional (e.g. Object Relations) some more innovative (e.g. Gestalt). Overall, my approach is integrative, which means that I draw on several forms of therapy to work effectively with my clients.
Accreditation and Registration
I am registered as a Psychotherapist with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and accredited with the Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners (AHPP). I am a licensed Psychosexual and Couples Therapist and accredited as a clinical supervisor with the College for Sexual Relationship Therapy (COSRT). I run trainings approved by the National Centre for Psycotherapy and the College for Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT); some accredited by Middlesex University. For details check www.naos-institute.com.
Projects and Positions
My professional experience includes working in private practice and both statutory and voluntary organisations.
- I set up a Child Abuse Prevention Project ("Working With Men") funded by the Department of the Environment;
- Co-founder of the UK Standing Conference on Sexual Abuse of Men;
- Co-founder of the Centre for Personal and Professional Development which continues to train counsellors and psychotherapists in the UK, Pakistan, Malta and Ireland;
- Co-founder of the largest psychosexual NHS clinic in Europe;
- Author of several masters programmes in psychotherapy and related disciplines;
- Training Director with the School of Counselling and Psychotherapy;
- Consultant Psychotherapist at the Institute of St Anselm;
- Associate Director of Anima Reason Consultants Budapest (Hungary);
- Visiting lecturer for the Hungarian Organisational Development Society;
- A founder of, and Training Director for the Hungarian Gestalt Association;
- Training Director for the Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling;
- Each year I act as principal tutor for trainings in psychotherapy, supervision and organisational development both in the UK and further afield.